Employability means developing the skills and gaining the experience that will help you towards the career that you want.
Linwood High School’s Employability Programme consists of:
- Skills – Developing skills for work and life, such as teamwork and communication, in all subjects and in events for all year groups.
- Careers – Working with Skills Development Scotland and other partners to provide career advice and information.
- Partnerships – Working with business partners to provide work experience, visitors and visits.
In addition in 5th and 6th year pupils can study towards SQA Employability Award.
- November – Skills for Work Month, including Skills Development Scotland Modern Apprenticeship Awareness Week and S1 Skills Event, S2 Careers Speed Networking Event, S3 Intro to SDS, S4-6 Volunteering Workshops and S1-6 SDS Career Lab.
- March – Senior Career Speed Networking Event
- May – 2nd Year Rapid Response Event.
- Throughout the year we attend Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce Events, which allow our senior pupils the chance to meet businesspeople in our area.
- Skills Development Scotland and Renfrewshire Council Modern Apprenticeships attend Parents Nights.
Top Ten Employability Skills
These are the skills that business rate as the most important in future employees.
- Problem Solving
- Initiative and Self Motivation
- Time Management